Thursday, November 11, 2010

You Crazy!

I found this video on my friend Brynn's blog, and it is so crazy and cool. Here is what they said about it:

"In the city of Tarragona, Spain, castellers gather every two years to see who can build the highest, most intricate human castles. This uniquely Catalan tradition requires astonishing strength, finesse, and balance. Not to mention courage"

Casteller from Mike Randolph on Vimeo.

How did people not die in those spills? And what parents are letting their little girls be the tops of these towers?

Whenever we make it to Spain, we will plan around going to this event (or the one where they throw tomatoes at each other - or the running of the bulls - all equally entertaining)

5 comments:

brynne frei said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
brynne frei said...

when you go to spain - invite me and tanner! we want to go this summer aaand he even participated in the running of the bulls a couple years ago. this is meant to be.

Alexis Tanner Lane said...

I just watched that the other day! So crazy! I'm totally bummed that I missed all the crazy stuff that goes on in Spain when I was there.
P.S. I think I know this Brynne's fiance Tanner - he was Alan's mission companion! I remember he said he did running of the bulls, that's crazy!

katie beth said...

dang it... i was in spain last month and totally missed out on this fascinating activity. next time for sure! (thanks for your comment on my blog awhile back... i'm happy to have found yours as well!)

Danielle Perona said...

My heart almost stopped when I saw those little kids climbing. And I may have teared up. I blame the hormones. Pretty incredible though!