Tuesday, June 16, 2009

A Milestone, Indeed

We are so proud of making it to our 6 month anniversary that of course we had to celebrate. June 5, 2009 was the date. Luckily we both had work off that night.

Ever since NYC Tanya and I have been off desserts (besides the occasional skinny cow ice cream sandwich or natural frozen yogurt, of course). The week before our "anniversary" we were at Wal-Mart and decided to torture ourselves by going to the bakery and oogling every dessert in sight. Tanya drooled over the giant frosted cookies for about 10 minutes, so I surprised her and got one. There was no one in the bakery to frost it, so a nerdling from the deli (resembling squeeky voiced teen from The Simpsons) stepped in to save the day. He spent about 15 minutes frosting this work of art. Well done! When I told Tanya the story all she said was "I'm just impressed that he can write in cursive." It also helped ease us into Lake Powell, where we fasted from not eating desserts, and probably ate enough to make up for the 3 weeks of going without.

I also got an orchid lei, which our guests wore on our wedding day. The palm tree was a shower gift from Tan's darls cousin - I only felt it appropriate to hold in the picture

And of course we went to one of our favorite haunts, Italian Village. Despite her face in this pic, Tanya really loves it. I think we were tired of waiting for our food at this point. If any of you have been there, of course you know why we love it - Unless you got something besides a pizza bender, in which case I understand why you aren't obsessed like we are.
Italian Village has a lot of meaning for us. It is where I had my first real job (besides delivering newspapers) at age 14, as a busboy. The memories always flow - memories of a 14 year old Rodney wiping down tables until 1:30 am (is that even legal?). It's also where we went on our first real date (followed by seven peaks of course). We went there the night we got engaged, and I'm sure we will go there for any other special occasion.
Happy 6 Months, let's make it another 6, OK?!

2 comments:

Erin said...

Phew! I'm so glad you made it to the six months! I'm so glad you celebrated to. Thanks to the nerdling anyway...the cursive is quite impressive. And the lei and yummy din din...so romantic. So here's to another six? months! :) ...baby steps, right?

curtis+ash said...

I don't know anyone else that goes to Italian Village. My family and I have been going there for years. You guys are cute.